More about me

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Look Ma I made it!!

Nursing Blog Day 4:

I cannot believe that on the 4th day of class we have already read over 12 chapters in at least 7 books  many books and today learned about dosage calculations and injections.  So soon! I ended up really enjoying the math and especially syringe calibrations.  The hands on aspirating the syringe and drawing saline from a vial was the high of my day.  I know it won't be that way for long, but I am just enjoying all my firsts.

Everyone in the class received their lab backpacks stuffed full of fun stuff like PPE, tubes, and catheters. YAY!

On the way home as I passed mom and dads house I thought how happy mom would be that I am in nursing.  How she would just devour all my nursing books and fight me over who got to read which book first. I know she'd be the first person to call me and ask what I did at school today. Then it hit me, all over again, why I started nursing school in the first place.

It was all for you mom, I wanted to save you, but look ma, I made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment